Diesel & Gas Turbine Publications Is Hiring!
Diesel & Gas Turbine Publications (DGTP) is seeking a Deputy Editor to work out of its Houston office. The Deputy Editor will assist the Publisher in all aspects of planning and executing editorial content. The position involves writing, editing, advertising sales and account management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain account relationships within set geographic territory
- Advertising sales within set geographic territory
- Research and write news and feature material for DGTP magazines, websites and newsletters
- Edit material for publication
- Maintain a daily flow of new material (links, news, etc.) for websites
- Coordinate material for bi-weekly e-newsletters
- Act as ambassador for the DGTP, attending relevant conferences and exhibitions, meeting with advertisers
- Work with the publisher on commercial and business development opportunities, helping to develop revenue-generating activities
- Maintain editorial and stylistic standards, quality and accuracy of content
- Help to formulate new business ideas based on technical and market knowledge
- Any other duties, as reasonably requested
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience within the Power Generation, Oil & Gas or other energy related industry is a must
- 5+ years writing/editing experience is a must
- Must have good understanding of magazine editorial process
- Familiarity with Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Reciprocating Engine, Gas Compressor OEMs is a plus
- Previous sales experience/account management experience is a plus
Competitive salary plus commission
- Benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement savings
About The Company
Founded in 1935, the magazines, sourcing guides, websites and e-newsletters of Diesel & Gas Turbine Publications have been providing critical product, technology and industry news for designers and users of all kinds of engine-powered equipment.
Headquartered in Waukesha, Wisconsin, DGTP has additional offices in Houston, Germany, Italy, U.K., Sweden, China, Japan, Korea, Brazil and Korea.
- Diesel & Gas Turbine Worldwide magazine
- COMPRESSORtech2 magazine
- Diesel Progress North American magazine
- Diesel Progress International magazine
- Compression Technology Sourcing Supplement
- Diesel & Gas Turbine Sourcing Guide